Buggies are on
Wednesday February 6th 2019
Jim and his team are continuing their winter programme of work to ensure our exceptionally high standard of greens are ready for the new season.
Course work planned for the next few weeks includes:
1. Building access bridges over the extended ditches at the 3rd and 4th holes.
2. Clearing out the ditches surrounding the course
3. Clearing out the drains leading from the course to the ditches.
4. Re-marking penalty areas in accordance with the new R&A rules.
5. Reshaping and fill the bunkers at the 12th green with new sand.
6. Reworking the back right bunker at the 11th hole.
The use of fairway mats is still compulsory until the end of February but the course manager has authority to extend the period of use if the course conditions warrant it.Tweet  Share on Facebook
News from the course
It has been apparent of a general decline in golf etiquette at Newbattle Golf Club in recent years, the Greens Committee would like to emphasise the following points Repair a minimum of two pitch marks on every green. Ensure bunkers are raked after playing from them, if a rake is not available please make [...]
New Flag presented to the club
Flag donated by honorary member
Ne’erday Cup – Results
Darren Mitchell wins the Maiden's mug
We cater for member’s private functions from small family meals in our private dining room to larger celebrations for up to 100 in our function hall.