Buggies are allowed on course.
Wednesday February 6th 2019
Jim and his team are continuing their winter programme of work to ensure our exceptionally high standard of greens are ready for the new season.
Course work planned for the next few weeks includes:
1. Building access bridges over the extended ditches at the 3rd and 4th holes.
2. Clearing out the ditches surrounding the course
3. Clearing out the drains leading from the course to the ditches.
4. Re-marking penalty areas in accordance with the new R&A rules.
5. Reshaping and fill the bunkers at the 12th green with new sand.
6. Reworking the back right bunker at the 11th hole.
The use of fairway mats is still compulsory until the end of February but the course manager has authority to extend the period of use if the course conditions warrant it.Tweet  Share on Facebook
The Greens staff plan to hollow tine and top dress the greens from Monday 25th March, this work is expected to take 3 days and temporary greens will be in operation during this work period.
The compulsory use of fairway mats ends on February 28th though after consultation with the Greens staff the optional use of mats from the fairway is encouraged until the end of March.
News from the course
It has been apparent of a general decline in golf etiquette at Newbattle Golf Club in recent years.
New Flag presented to the club
Flag donated by honorary member